Monday, September 6, 2010

Computer Seminars



Last week I taught two computer seminars to the staff at the Unity Community Center in Moldova. The staff have been asking for these seminars for the past year and our schedule finally permitted us to be all together in the same room so I could teach them. The 1st seminar was on computer basics, which I thought would be review for the 5 staff that were in attendance. Well, what do they say about assumptions? I was wrong, turns out that most of the seminar was not review and proved to be very useful for the staff.

The second seminar was on Word Basics, how to highlight words, change size, font, etc. The seminar also proved to be beneficial. But the highlight of the afternoon was when we were done with the seminars and the staff wanted to continue to practice, I could not tear them away from the keyboards. They requested to know more about how to do this and how to do that in Word and also wanted a seminar for Excel. I also turned them onto a typing practice program called Stamina that can be used for several languages, even Russian. Again, I could not tear them away from the keyboards.



I want to thank my partner Liliana and her husband Roma who helped me with the seminar. They were valuable for translating the presentations and also for assisting the staff that were learning new skills.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment